MBS faculty come from diverse backgrounds, denominations, interests and work experiences, creating rich and stimulating opportunities for students to learn and be challenged.
Dr Lee Mee Onn, Principal
More about Dr Lee Mee Onn
Dr Lee Mee Onn, Principal)
Rev. Lee obtained a Bachelor in Theology from Malaysia Bible Seminary in 1984, a Master in Biblical Studies from Southeast Asia Bible Seminary in Indonesia in 1988, a Master of Theology from Southeast Asia Graduate School of Theology, Singapore in 1994 and a Ph. D. in Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in 2011.
He involved in pastoral ministry from 1984 to 1990 before joining Malaysia Bible Seminary as full-time faculty for 25 years.
He is installed as the 5th principal on Malaysia Bible Seminary on Feb. 28, 2015.
Rev. Lee is married with Pr. Monica Wan and blessed with two sons (Jonathan & David) and a daughter (Grace). The Lord blesses him with two godly daughters-in-law (Stephanie & Samantha) and three wonderful grand-children (Nathan, Adilynn and Daniel).
He is majoring in Missions, Evangelism, Church History, Systematic Theology, Homiletics, Studies of Heresies, and Comparative Religions. His interest includes traveling, singing, reading, swimming, fishing, table-tennis, basketball, and soccer.
Rev. Lee travel extensively to various countries for preaching and teaching ministry.
Rev Dr Tony Lim, Vice Principal/Dean, English Department, Lecturer
Subjects: Pastoral and Spiritual Theology
More about Rev Dr Tony Lim
Rev Dr Tony Lim, Vice Principal/Dean, English Department and Lecturer
B.Th. (MBS), L.Th. (Hons) (Australian College of Theology), M.T.S. (Regent College, Canada), D.Min. (Singapore Bible College)
Rev Dr Tony Lim majored in Spiritual Theology under Dr James Houston for his M.T.S. at Regent College. During that time, from 1989 to 1990, he was the interim pastor for the Vancouver Chinese Evangelical Free Church (EFC). Prior to that, he was a pastor with the Petaling Jaya EFC from 1983 to 1987. He returned to serve in Petaling Jaya EFC after completing his M.T.S in Canada. In 1997, he became Pastor of Emmanuel EFC, where he still serves. He was ordained by EFC Malaysia in 1998. He held the post of Vice-Chairman of the National Executive Board of EFC Malaysia for the maximum of two terms from 1997 to 2003.
At national-level ministries, Rev Lim has served as a Council Member of the Malaysia Bible Seminary and was also on the board of the Evangelism Commission of the National Evangelical Christian Fellowship (NECF) Malaysia. This commission was in charge of developing strategy and organising outreach for evangelism at the national level on behalf of Malaysian churches. He is currently a member of NECF’s Leadership Commission.
Rev Lim’s written works include Spirituality and Pastoral Care for the Ordination Council of the EFC of Malaysia (1998). He also wrote for Kairos Magazine the following articles: Pastoral Care: A ‘Family Systems Approach (June 2003), James Houston: The Transforming Friendship (April 2003), Blessed are the Weak? (April 2003) and Men in the Mirror: Male Reflections on the Grace of God (June 2002). He was also a contributing writer on 1 Samuel 17 to 24 for Scripture Union Malaysia’s One Year Devotional Bible Reading (Volume 2).
His international presentations include Biblical Discipleship at the 3rd All Asia EFC Conference in Kuala Lumpur (Sept 2001) and Challenges facing the Malaysian Church at the EFC of America’s 115th Missions Celebration in Minneapolis (Oct 2002).
Subjects taught at MBS: Pastoral and Spiritual Theology
Allison Lee, Associate Dean, Lecturer
Subjects: Biblical Studies, Old and New Testament subjects
More about Allison Lee
Allison Lee, English Department and Lecturer
Dip. Marketing (Chartered Institute of Marketing), MA in Religion (Canadian Theological Seminary), MA in Sacred Theology (Lutheran Theological Seminary)
Allison Lee has a passion for teaching others the Bible. Her early experience of this was teaching in Sunday School as well as ministering to university students and leading adult Bible study groups. She has served in Canaan Lutheran Church, Kajang (1985-1992) and in missions and evangelism in Canada and USA (1999-2002).
Subjects taught at MBS: Biblical Studies, Old and New Testament subjects
More about Dr Sookgoo Shin
Dr Sookgoo Shin, Lecturer, English Department
• University of Cambridge, UK. PhD, 2017
Supervisor: Prof. Judith Lieu
Thesis Topic: Ethics in the Gospel of John: Discipleship as Moral Progress
• Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, South Hamilton, MA, USA
Master of Theology (Th.M.), 2012, Summa cum laude
• Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, South Hamilton, MA, USA
Master of Divinity (M.Div.), 2011 magna cum laude
• Queen’s University, Kingston, ON, Canada
Bachelor of Arts, Major in Economics, 2002.
SCHOLARSHIP AND AWARD
• Mentored Ministry Award. Awarded to one graduating student by the Mentored Ministry Division of Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. 2011.
• Leta-Grey Canadian Scholarship. Awarded by Gordon=Conwell Theological Seminary to a Canadian student who exhibits leadership in ministry and academic excellence. 2007-2011.
• “John’s Ethics Revisited: Past, Present and Future” Presented at International Society of Biblical Literature (SBL), Vienna, Austria (2014 Summer)
• “Is there Moral Progress in John’s Gospel?: Ethics in Mediterranean Antiquity”
Presented at British New Testament Conference, University of Manchester (2014 Fall)
• Biblical: Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic
• Modern: German
• Cambridge Open Church, Youth Pastor (EM), April 2013-Present
• Nashua Korean Church, Youth Pastor (EM), May 2008-Sep. 2012
• Queen’s University, President of Queen’s Christian Fellowship, 2001-2002
• Kingston Presbyterian Church, Youth Director, 2000-2002.
• Phi Alpha Chi. (Scholastic Honor Society of Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary)
RESEARCH AND TEACHING INTERESTS
• John’s Gospel and Epistles
• Synoptic Gospels
• New Testament Ethics
• New Testament Christology
PASTOR DATO’ DR DANIEL HO (ADJUNCT)
He holds a master’s degree in electrical engineering from England, an M.A. from Fuller Theological Seminary, USA and the Doctor of Ministry from Asbury Theological Seminary, USA. He taught engineering in Kuala Lumpur for several years before serving as the founding General Secretary of the National Evangelical Christian Fellowship (NECF) of Malaysia for ten years. NECF is the umbrella body representing all evangelical churches in Malaysia.
He led Damansara Utama Methodist Church (DUMC) in Petaling Jaya since her founding in 1980 with a small team of people. Today the church has over 4,000 people in her weekly meetings. Dr Daniel Ho has spoken in some 40 countries in all six continents and has also contributed to several books and magazines. He is now the Founding Senior Pastor of DUMC having retired as Senior Pastor in May 2016. He and his wife, Doris are grandparents to two grandchildren.
He serves over the years as adviser or on the boards of several organisations such as Malaysia Bible Seminary, Ethics & Research Committee of International Medical University, Orang Asli Economics Cooperative, Family First Foundation Malaysia, Malaysian CARE, Asian Beacon, Full Gospel Businessmen’s Fellowship Malaysia, Gospel to the Poor, Alpha Malaysia, etc.
He has a passion for evangelism and a heart to see revival in the Church and the Church impacting society and the nations for God and His glory.
DR NG KAM WENG (ADJUNCT)
Dr. Ng Kam Weng is Research Director of Kairos Research Centre. After his doctoral studies at Cambridge University, United Kingdom, he lectured on New Testament, Systematic Theology, Ethics and Philosophy, and served as Dean of Graduate School at the Malaysia Bible Seminary before assuming his current position at Kairos Research Centre. He was a Fellow at the Centre for the Study of Christianity in Asia (CSCA) at Trinity Theological College, Singapore. He is also a member of the Centre of Theological Inquiry, Princeton, and is with the Faculty of the Doctor of Philosophy Degree Program offered by the University of Stellenbosch, South Africa, in collaboration with the Oxford Centre for Religion and Public Life, Oxford, United Kingdom.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Ph.D. (1989) from University of Cambridge, United Kingdom.
- Post-Doctoral Researcher and member of Centre of Theological Inquiry, Princeton (2001).
- Awarded the William Scheide Post-Doctoral Fellowship (2010) by Centre of Theological Inquiry.
- Fellow at Oxford Centre for Mission Studies, Oxford. *
- Fellow at Centre for Study of Christianity in Asia, Trinity Theological College, Singapore.
- Faculty member of Oxford Centre for Religion and Public Life PhD Programme with Stellenbosch University, South Africa.
* No longer fellow at OCMS, Oxford
REV DR TAN JIN HUAT (ADJUNCT)
Rev. Dr Tan Jin Huat, currently a theological/Bible teacher at large. A seasoned theological educator with two local seminaries (MBS and STM) teaching New Testament, Theology, and Malaysian Church History for over thirty years. His theological studies took him to Trinity College, Bristol, London School of Theology (BA), University of Aberdeen (MTh) and the University of Wales/Oxford Centre for Mission Studies (PhD). Among his publications are ‘Preacher, Prepare Yourself’, ‘Brookes, The British and Christianity in Sarawak’ and ‘Planting an Indigenous Church: The Case of the BEM.’
- BIM, Diploma
- MBS, BTh
- Australian College of Theology, LTh (ext)
- Fuller Seminary, MA
- Ordained Minister (Assemblies of God, Malaysia)
- Bethel Tabernacle, KL (pastor)
- Evangel Tabernacle, KL (pastor)
- Swatow Christian Church, Los Angeles (interim pastor)
- Harvest Community Church, (pastor) -current
- BIM/BCM (lecturer, academic dean, president)