The MBS library houses a collection of nearly 40,000 titles in both Mandarin and English. These include periodicals and newsletters, theses, dissertations, abstracts, indexes and multimedia items. The library Internet facilities are available not only for staff and students, but also open to unregistered library members subject to an hourly fee. Paid printing and photocopying services are also available.
- English, Chinese and Malay Books, approximately 40,000 books
- Periodicals, newsletters plus 10 others
- Theses & dissertations, abstracts and indexes
- CDs. DVDs, Cassettes, Video
- Children’s Sunday School Materials
- Seminary Catalogues/Newsletters
- Christian Organization Newsletters
|During Semester||8.00 am – 5.00 pm|
8.00 pm – 10.30 pm
|Study & Exam Week||8.00 am – 5.00pm|
8.00 pm – 11.00 pm
|Semester Break||8.00 am – 12.45 pm|
2.00 pm – 5.00 pm
Thursday : 11.50 am – 2.45 pm close for chapel service
Semester Breaks : 12.45 pm – 2.00 pm close for lunch
Book Loan Policy
|USER’S STATUS||FEE (RM)||NO. OF BOOKS||DURATION (DAYS)||RENEWAL TIME|
|Full time students of BTH/MM/MCS/M.Div.||RM65/month or RM715/year||15||14||2|
|D. Min||RM65/month or RM715/year||25||30||2|
|Part time and module students||RM40/month or RM440/year||15||14||2|
|Thesis Writing Student||RM50/Half yearly||15||14||2|
* RM100 refundable deposit which is refundable after graduation
**RM100 refundable deposit is required for each book.
***Refundable deposit is required for every 2 books. Both associate members and alumni are required to pay a one time RM5 registration fee.
Membership is NOT transferable.
Borrowing & Renewals
- All References books, bound and current periodicals are limited to borrow at 2 items and should be returned within a week. Renewals are allowed once only as long as each item is free from other’s reservation.
- All borrowed materials should be returned to the library counter or drop into the Return Box after library hours or evenings, provided that the library is open. Otherwise, drop into the Return Box outside the library. Audio-visual materials must be returned at the Library Counter.
- All Course Reserve Reference (Red Spot Books) can be borrowed and returned within 2 hours and is solely used in the library. Renewals are allowed as long as the item is free from other’s reservation. Course Reserve Books are allowed to borrow on Friday after 3.00 pm and must be returned on Monday or the following day ( on working day) at 8.30 am. Otherwise, fine will be charged at RM1.00 per hour. Reservation for the weekend maybe done before Friday.
- If materials are due, user will be fined RM0.50 per day per item. Course Reserve Material will be charged RM1.00 per hour. Fines must be paid before next loan of books. Borrowed library materials is renewable if there is no reservation is done by any. Renewals can be either in person or by phone (03-6037 1717).
- Return all reference materials, current and bound periodicals to their original locations after use.
- Return all used books to the trolleys.
- All borrowed materials must be checked in/out at least 15 minutes before the library is closed.
- Library is equipped for the supply of reading and reference materials. Please use resources with care, drawing lines, graffiti, damaging books are prohibited. If the above are found, membership will be cancelled and will be fined accordingly.
- If lost or damaged, the user must report to the library and has to pay for a compensation, double the price of the book or to replace it with a new book.
- If lost or damaged, the user must report to the library and had to pay for a compensation.
- User should not keep any personal items in the library and should be responsible for their belongings.
- Food, beverage and use of handphone are not permitted
- Always be quiet in the library. Discussion is prohibited.
- User must wear formal attire. Shorts and slippers are not welcome. Please keep school/recycle bags in the cabinet at the entrance.
- Operation of air-condition is controlled by the staff and student helpers.
- Visitors are welcome to register at the front desk.
Regulations for Internet Facilities
- Membership fee: RM50.00 per semester (non transferable).
- Non-members are charged RM2.00 per hour
- Users are required to record hours of usage accordingly.
- Failure to comply to the rules will be subjected to disciplinary action.
This is self service and the charges is 8 cents per copy and 13 cents for double sided. Payment is made at the counter. Users must observe law of copyright and handle the books with care while photocopying.
Contact the Library at 03-60371727 ext 142 or email@example.com
Digital Resources: ATLA Login through EBSCO. Click here
Librarian: Pastor Lawrance Chow Kiat Ho
Assistant Librarian : Ms Chung Kui Yin
Library Assistant : Ms Ng Lee Ben